Now that we’ve all filled our bellies with mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, let’s talk about vegetables! I usually enjoy eating vegetables, but sometimes it’s hard to eat enough of them throughout the day. I’ve come up with some tricks that help me eat more veggies without changing my food plans. I hope you find these helpful!
- Green smoothies are a great way to consume vegetables for breakfast or a snack if you’re in a rush. I love making green smoothies, and I usually add spinach, carrots, or kale for that extra boost. It’s amazing how many leafy green veggies you can stuff in a blender! I always add bananas, pineapple, or strawberries to keep my smoothies sweet.
- Cook that spinach! I’ve found it’s much easier to eat a load of spinach when it’s cooked, because it shrinks a great deal. I usually add cooked spinach to omelets, pasta, or paninis.
- Zoodles (zucchini noodles) are a great low-carbohydrate alternative to pasta. All you need is a vegetable spiralizer, and you’re good to go.
- Add zucchini or spinach to lasagna. I add a layer or two of zucchini or spinach to my lasagna to add some vegetables to my dish.
- Top your pizza with veggies. I love making homemade pizza, and I usually top my pizza with whatever vegetables I have in my fridge. In my opinion, any vegetable tastes great with cheese, so pile them on!
- Stuff them in a wrap. Packing a salad for lunch can be inconvenient and messy. I’ve found it’s much easier to stuff vegetables in a tortilla. If you’re planning on eating a wrap anyways, why not add some greens? There’s always room for vegetables!